How to Root ASUS Zenfone 2? one of the devices with Android 5.0 – unlike most other devices that come loaded with Kit Kat and then require either manually install an update to Lollipop, Zenfone 2 removes that hassle for you, allowing you to use the latest and best version of Android right away (something that other manufacturers could learn from).
While Android Lollipop has everything you need to get the tasks performed, there are those of us who have that demand a little more of what gets a stock ROM. If you’re one of those users, you may as a result of your device.
Device rooting, gaining administrative rights, opens up opportunities to customize their device to one area much greater than unrooted device. Not only can use root applications necessary to change some of the functionality (ability to remove bloatware is there with one of the great applications that require root), even can Flash a custom recovery to install a custom ROM on your device and change the entire operating system, user interface, and more.
First how to root asus zenfone 2, backup of your Asus Zenfone 2 as all your personal data, may lose information and accounts while obtain root access. We recommend at least save your contacts, call logs, text messages, settings, internet, market applications, current ROM, images, videos and audio accounts. In that sense you can download free distributed backup and restore apps of Google Play, or you can use a cloud storage platform.
So here is how to root asus zenfone 2:
this will void the warranty of the device. Do it at your own risk.
- download and install the Asus USB drivers on your PC, if you haven’t done yet.
- This should only work on a Windows based PC.
download required files
1. download Fastboot and save it to your desktop.
2. download the rooted system image and save to your desktop.
Pre-Rooted Image (download one that is for your specific device model)
How to Root ASUS Zenfone 2 Easy
1. extract files of Fastboot and Pre-Rooted image to your desktop system. To do this, click both files one by one and select Extract here to extract its files.
2. go to the menu > settings > about phone on your device and tap the build number for about 7-8 times until it says you are a developer.
3. go to settings and press Developer options.
4. turn ON USB debugging option.
5. connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
6. press and hold the SHIFT key and right click anywhere on the screen and select the command window open here. It will launch a command prompt window for you to edit your device commands.
7. when it launches, type the following command and press ENTER:
8. the device reboot into bootloader mode.
9. now, change the name of the system image you have downloaded to system.img. You can do this by right clicking on the system image and selecting rename.
10. type the following command in the command prompt window and press ENTER:
fastboot flash system system.img
11. wait to Flash system image in your device.
12. when it has done flashing the image, restart the device by using the following command:
13. device rebooted.
14. all done!
Asus Zenfone 2 now rooted and can confirm the status of the root using Root Checker on the device.